Last updated on July 26th, 2018 at 08:51 pm
Tummy Tuck for Fort Lauderdale residents
Tummy Tuck by Dr. Lenny, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Tummy Tuck surgery is a popular procedure for Fort Lauderdale residents and is a surgical specialty of Dr. Lenny Roudner. Dr. Lenny is a board certified plastic surgeon serving Fort Lauderdale and south Florida patients alike with his expertise in the field of plastic surgery. Having over 25 years of experience performing successful Tummy Tuck surgeries, Dr. Lenny’s patients come from across the globe to receive the custom-tailored results that only an experienced and reputable plastic surgeon can provide.
For a free consultation call our office at (305) 444-8585 or request an appointment.
What can a Tummy Tuck do for me?
A well-toned, flat stomach is something that many Fort Lauderdale residents strive to achieve through weight control and exercise. Unfortunately, for various reasons, sometimes these methods are unable to achieve the desired goal. The tummy tuck procedure is used to eliminate a surplus of fat and skin from your abdomen. In the majority of cases, this procedure restores muscles that have separated or become weak. This creates an abdominal profile that is firmer and smoother.
Common reasons for seeking Tummy Tuck surgery
- Previous Abdominal Surgery
- Substantial Weight Fluctuations
Your Initial Tummy Tuck Consultation near Fort Lauderdale
During your tummy tuck initial consultation with Dr. Roudner, you need to be open and honest with him when answering the questions he asks you. These questions will pertain to your physical health, desired surgical outcome and lifestyle. By being candid, you help Dr. Roudner understand exactly what results you are looking to achieve via a tummy tuck procedure in the vicinity of Fort Lauderdale.
You need to be able to discuss:
- Any drug allergies, medical treatments or medical conditions you have
- Why you have made the decision to have the tummy tuck surgery performed
- What you hope to achieve with a tummy tuck procedure
- Your current vitamins, medications and herbal supplements
- Your consumption of alcohol and/or drugs, if any
- Your tobacco use, if any
- Any previous surgeries
During your initial tummy tuck consultation near Fort Lauderdale, Dr. Roudner might also:
- Take photographs of your abdomen to be placed in your medical record to be used for comparison purposes after your tummy tuck procedure
- Evaluate your overall health and determine if you have any risk factors to consider
- Discuss your treatment options with you and then make his recommendation as to which course of treatment best suits your needs
Preparing for Your Tummy Tuck Surgery near Fort Lauderdale
- Before you are scheduled for your tummy tuck procedure, you may be asked to:
- Make adjustments to your current medications
- Begin taking specific medications
- Have lab work done
- Visit your physician for a medical exam
- Discontinue smoking prior to your tummy tuck surgery in the vicinity of Fort Lauderdale
- You will receive special instructions including:
- What you need to do on the day of your tummy tuck procedure in the vicinity of Fort Lauderdale
- Information about the anesthesia being used during your tummy tuck surgery
- Post-Op care
Avoid taking herbal supplements and particular medications such as anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirins because they have the potential to increase bleeding
Schedule your tummy tuck surgery post-op appointment with Dr. Roudner at his facility in the vicinity of Fort Lauderdale
Recovering from Your Tummy Tuck Surgery in Fort Lauderdale
Once your tummy tuck procedure in the vicinity of Fort Lauderdale is complete, bandages or dressing will most likely be placed over your incisions. You may also be wrapped in a special compression garment or in an elastic bandage as this helps to reduce your chance of excessive swelling and offers support to your abdomen while it is healing.
Dr. Roudner will temporarily place a small tube under your skin to assist in draining any excess fluid or blood that could collect. This helps to minimize your swelling. To assist you with recovery you will receive specific instructions that will aid in your tummy tuck surgery recovery.
These instructions include:
- Medications you need to help healing and/or prevent infection.
- How you properly care for your surgical site and drains.
- What you need to watch for that would require an earlier post-op visit
While the results of a tummy tuck are considered permanent, the positive outcome may be diminished if you have substantial weight fluctuations. Because of this, if you are planning to lose a significant amount of weight or are considering pregnancy in the future, you may need to postpone your tummy tuck surgery.
Contact our plastic surgery center for a Tummy Tuck consultation
If you live in Fort Lauderdale or South Florida and are considering a tummy tuck procedure contact Dr. Lenny Roudner’s office today. For a free consultation call our office at (305) 444-8585 or request an appointment. Dr. Lenny is a board certified plastic surgeon who has been providing patients with his artistic skill in the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery for over 20 years. He can help you get started on your journey to feeling good about the way you look.