Breast Reduction for Fort Lauderdale residents
Breast Reduction by Dr. Lenny Roudner, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Breast Reduction surgery is a popular procedure for Fort Lauderdale residents and is a specialty procedure performed by Dr. Lenny Roudner. Dr. Lenny is a board certified plastic surgeon providing south Florida patients with his expertise in plastic surgery for over 25 years. Patients come to Dr. Lenny’s state of the art surgical center from across the globe in order to receive the custom tailored care that only an experienced and reputable plastic surgeon can provide.
For a free consultation call our office at (305) 444-8585 or request an appointment.
What is Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction surgery removes excess glandular tissue, breast fat, and skin in order to attain a breast size that is more proportionate to a woman’s body. A breast reduction is also referred to as reduction mammaplasty. Many Fort Lauderdale women choose to have a breast reduction (reduction mammaplasty) to ease the aches and pains that are associated with very large breasts. Dr. Leonard Roudner performs breast reductions on women who reside in Fort Lauderdale as well as those who fly in to visit his south Florida surgical center.
Who should get Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction surgery is a great option if you:
- Do not smoke
- Are physically healthy
- Have realistic post-op expectations
- Limit physical activity because of your breasts
- Have low hanging, pendulous breasts with stretched skin
- Are self-conscious due to your very large breast size
- Have indentions on your shoulders from your bra
- Suffer from skin irritation underneath your breast crease
- Have nipples that rest beneath your breast crease when you are not wearing any kind of breast support product
- Experience neck, shoulder and back pain
- Have large areolas due to the stretched skin
Breast Reduction consultations for Fort Lauderdale patients
The success of your breast reduction surgery near Fort Lauderdale relies greatly on your ability to be candid during your initial consultation with Dr. Roudner. He will ask you several questions about your health and your Fort Lauderdale lifestyle. He will ask what you expect to gain from a reduction mammaplasty.
What is discussed during a Breast Reduction consultation?
- Any drug allergies, medical conditions or medical treatments you are undergoing in or near Fort Lauderdale
- Why you would like a reduction mammaplasty and the outcome you desire
- Previous surgeries, mammogram results and previous breast biopsy results performed in Fort Lauderdale or elsewhere
- Family history of breast cancer
- Medications, herbal supplements, and vitamins you are currently taking
- Your habits in relation to alcohol consumption, drugs, and tobacco
At your initial consultation, Dr. Roudner may also choose to:
- Examine your breasts and their skin quality
- Take detailed measurements of your breast’s shape and size, nipple placement, and areolas
- Take pictures of your breasts to place in your medical record for post-op comparison purposes
- Evaluate your overall health and discuss pre-existing health conditions, if applicable
- Discuss your treatment options and make his recommendations concerning which treatments best suit your needs, potential complications, and possible risks associated with each treatment
- Discuss what you should expect following your reduction mammaplasty
Preparing for Breast Reduction surgery near Fort Lauderdale
Before you have your reduction mammaplasty near Fort Lauderdale, Dr. Roudner may request that you:
- Adjust or discontinue taking certain medications
- Take specific medications
- Receive a medical evaluation from your physician
- Have blood tests done
- Discontinue smoking
- Have a baseline mammogram that will be compared to your future mammograms
- Avoid taking medications and supplements that can increase bleeding
Women in Fort Lauderdale who have very large breasts may suffer from both emotional issues and health problems:
- Emotional issues Fort Lauderdale women experience generally relate to a negative self-image and self-consciousness.
- The additional breast weight can cause a woman to suffer neck, shoulder and back pain, which can impair a Fort Lauderdale woman’s ability for an active lifestyle.
Breast Reduction – The day of surgery near Fort Lauderdale
If you are having your reduction mammaplasty as an outpatient surgery, you need to have a driver with you at the facility when you arrive. You will need assistance. You need someone to stay with you for at least one night.
Once your reduction mammaplasty is done, dressings and/or bandages are applied to your incisions. An elastic bandage or support bra may be utilized to minimize your swelling and give your breasts the support they need while they heal. Dr. Roudner may temporarily place a thin tube under your skin. This tube is used to drain excess fluid or blood.
Your surgical follow-up appointment with Dr. Roudner at his office near Fort Lauderdale will most likely be scheduled at this time.
After-care instructions may include:
- Which medications you should take or apply to aid in healing and reduce infection risks
- Specific signs to watch for in your health or at the surgical site that may warrant an earlier visit to Dr. Roudner
Contact our plastic surgery center for a free consultation
Are you interested in receiving a Breast Reduction? If you reside in Fort Lauderdale or are planning to visit South Florida, then Dr. Lenny Roudner and his staff are here to help you every step of the way. Call our plastic surgery center at (305) 444-8585 so we can schedule your initial consultation for a breast reduction procedure.