Who Qualifies for Silicone Breast Implants
I definitely believe in plastic surgery. I don’t want to be an old hag. There’s no fun in that.
Obtaining a perfect body has become a perfect obsession. Plastic surgery plays a key roll in the preoccupation of obtaining the physical ideal look: according to March 2009 statistics taken from American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), 9,993,711 total procedures were performed, less than 10,258,557 in 2008 and 11,701,031 in 2007. In 2009, 311,957 people had breast augmentations. Breast augmentation is the third most popular procedure to have, ranking behind a second rhinoplasty (nose job) and the number one liposuction.
There are two types of implants used for breast augmentation: silicone implants and saline implants. Silicone implants are filled silicone, which is made up of silicon, an element found in quartz, sand and rock. Mix silicon with oxygen and you have silicone. Saline implants are made up of saline solution or a form of salt water. The FDA has regulated that the patient should be 22 years of age for the Silicone implants. Silicone implants are preferred for their overall look, feel and less chance of wrinkling.
Who Qualifies for Silicone Breast Implants?
Any patient over the age of 22 unless signing a waiver.
Former saline implant patients.
Patients who are having both a Mastopexy (breast lift) and an augmentation.
Patients who have irregular shaped breast walls.
Patients who have had a Mastectomy.
Breast augmentation isn’t just for the rich and celebrated, anyone can obtain a beautiful dÃ©colletage.
Here are the five top reasons to have breast augmentation:
1. To have a size increase. Many women are not happy with their overall breast size. Many ladies would prefer to have larger breasts. Silicone breast implants not only adds a desired size, but, it does so in a natural way.
2. To fix asymmetry issues. A lot of ladies have breast augmentation to correct miss-matched breast size: where one breast is larger than the other. This condition can be frustrating not only when shopping for swim wear, but, it can also be depressing for the wife trying to make love to her husband. Only breast augmentation can correct this condition and it would take two silicone implants to do so: if only one were to be used, the problem would still be obvious.
3. To re-plump a post pregnancy bust line. Breastfeeding may help shrink post pregnancy weight; however, it can do some serious damage to the breasts. Silicone breast implants can help rejuvenate a womans body and self esteem.
4. To replenish a droopy breast after weight loss. The only sad part about losing weight for many women is that the breast is among the first things to go. Silicone breast implants with a breast lift can help add more sexy to a new and sexier you.
5. To give new life to breast cancer victims. There is a more serious reason for getting breast augmentation than just for cosmetic purposes: breast cancer. Cancer can be so life threatening that the only option for saving the woman’s life is to do a mastectomy, or, the removal of a breast. The removal of both breasts is called a double mastectomy. Having to have a mastectomy can be quite tormenting on the self esteem. Silicone breast implants not only helps to lift a womans feminine spirit, but, it has the look and feel of her natural breast.